Turborilla is one of Sweden’s leading independent game studios, responsible for the Mad Skills games. These game have nearly 70 Millions downloads, 27 Billions races played and at least 6075 years of spent toilet time.
What we are looking for?
The ideal candidate has an education in game-programming or a programming education and a strong interest of game development with proven hobby game projects. You are eager for knowledge and will gladly work outside your comfort zone. Of course, with the help from more senior programmers.
What we offer:
At Turborilla we believe that our team is our strongest asset, so we nurture and lift our team with:
- 40h work week, no overtime.
- Flex hours.
- Competitive salary with benefits.
- 25 days of paid vacation.
- 1h health care each week.
- Health benefits & massage.
- Company parties & team building events.
- Dedicated work time for personal development.
- Career paths.
- Studio breakfast once a week.
- Gaming area.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Develop gameplay features in C# in Unity.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Implement UI.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Game Programming, Technical degree or equivalent relevant programming experience.
- Strong interest in game development.
- Knowledge in Unity.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to present ideas and features to the team in a clear and understandable way.
- Fan of action sports.
Start in the fall 2020. The position is full time and permanent, after 6 month of trial employment. The studio is based in Umeå, Sweden which means relocation would potentially be needed.
Unfortunately Visa sponsorship is not an option at this time. For this role you need a Swedish working permit.
If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Turborilla might compensate for this.
City of Umeå
Umeå is located in north of Sweden with only one hour by plane to Stockholm. Thanks to our University, Umeå is a young (avarage age of 38) city with nearly 123 000 citizens. The city offers world-class art, drama, films, festivals, industries, music and research. The size of the city, the ease of living, and the nearby nature with northern lights makes it ideal for families.